Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Book Review: "Ruins"

I jumped right into this second book in the "Pathfinder" books by Orson Scott Card, after only a couple of days had passed since I finished the first book. I still think Card is an incredible author, but this one wasn't as good as the first. Good, not great. The story moves forward slowly, as Rigg and his companions travel to a couple of new "wallfolds" on their planet, and there was an awful lot of whining and complaining and speculating and just a lot of blah-blah-blah about their feelings and their worries and their thoughts. The first book had some such, but not quite to the extent of this one. I will read the next one, and I do still think this is a compelling series-- in spite of my criticisms, I couldn't put it down-- but I am hopeful the next one will have more action and less bickering and useless chatter.

No comments: