Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Still Alive

I've been super-insane-crazy busy the last few weeks, preparing my son (and myself!!) for his church mission. He will be gone for two years, and there was a lot to do, not to mention that I have three other kids with needs and stuff. 

Anyway, now that he's on his way and things are quiet, I'm out of entertainment budget money for a few weeks, while we catch up, so no movies for me. I really want to see "Man of Steel" and Joss Whedon's "Much Ado About Nothing" and "Despicable Me 2", but it will have to wait. It's not like I get paid for this stuff.

In the meantime, I've been watching WAY too much Doctor Who. I'm into Season 5 (revival, not classic) and I'm getting to know Matt Smith. I'm not as enchanted with him as I am with David Tennant, but I'm giving it time. My son seems to think he's better, so I promised to watch them all before judging. 

But so far, I like Tennant better. 

I'm also trying to get some reading in. I've been posting short reviews on Goodreads, since nothing I'm reading is all that amazing or current. I started this month's book club book, Stephen King's "11/22/63" and Brandon Sanderson's "The Rithmatist". If I ever finish them, I'll post reviews. 

What else...


Not much. Been killing a lot of brain cells on Pinterest and Youtube, trying to de-stress, so not much of great interest. I'm actually trying to take it easy as I recover from the emotional roller coaster of the last month, so it may be another week or two until I get to anything new.

Thanks for sticking around, though. I'll get back to my normal frantic pace soon. 


In the meantime, here's that song from Portal that is STILL stuck in my head now and then:

No comments: